Essential Oils And Brain Injuries: What You Are Not Being Told
Humans have 5 basic senses – sight, sound, taste, smell, and touch. All senses are first routed through the thalamus before reaching the brain except for the sense of smell which is directly tied to the limbic area of the brain. This area is considered as the emotional control center and when essential oils are inhaled, they go directly to the brain.
The limbic system is directly connected to the parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance. Since the essential oils have therapeutic, stimulating, calming, and balancing properties, they can have unbelievable physiological and psychological effects to the brain and body.
Essential oils have the ability in treating many health ailments without any side effects. Because of their molecular properties to affect both physical and psychological functions in the body is one of the many reasons why they are presently being evaluated for brain injury treatments.
Frankincense essential oil and your brain
Frankincense is the essential oil of choice for any kind of brain disorder. It has antiseptic, astringent, carminative, cytophylactic, diuretic and sedative properties. The frankincense consists of sesquiterpenes that can stimulate the limbic system of the brain and other glands, promoting memory and releasing emotions. Also, this essential oil slows down and deepens the breath.
Diffusing and inhaling
Here are some of the best health benefits of diffusing certain essential oils using a cold air diffuser:
- Relax the body and clear the mind.
- Relieve tension.
- Maintain weight.
- Reduce bacteria, mold, fungus, and odors.
- Improve hormonal balance.
- Improve the secretion of antibodies that fight Candida.
- Relieve headache.
- Improve concentration, mental clarity and awareness.
- Stimulate secretion of endorphins.
- Improve digestion.
- Stimulate growth hormone production and receptivity.
Remember, you should always purchase 100% organic essential oils to get the health and healing benefits.
- Hill, David. ˮFrankincense: Essential Oil Library, Vol. 1ˮ;
- Louis, Joy. ˮEssential Oil Recipes: Top Essential Oil Recipes for Weight Loss, Beauty, Anti-Aging, Natural Cleaning, Natural Living, Natural Cures and Healthy Lifestylesˮ;
- Johnson, Scott. ˮEvidence-based Essential Oil Therapy: The Ultimate Guide to the Therapeutic and Clinical Application of Essential Oilsˮ;