7 Early Signs of Cancer Ignored by 90% of People
Our body sends us signals as symptoms to let us know something’s wrong with our health. But sometimes, many of us miss those important signs.
Here are 7 early signs that might signal cancer. If you notice several of them, it’s better to consult your doctor.
1. Skin rash and itching
You probably never connect the skin rash and itching with cancer, but in many medical cases, there is a certain connection:
- A uterine neoplasm causes genital rash and itching.
- Brain cancer may cause itching and skin irritation in the nostrils.
2. Changes in bowel function
Bowel cancer is treatable condition, but as long as it’s early diagnosed. If you notice some of these symptoms go to see your doctor:
- Bleeding from your bottom and/or blood in the stool.
- A persistent and unexplained change in bowel habit.
- Mucous or purulent secretions.
- Pain in the stomach and spontaneous defecation.
3. Unusual secretions when urinating
This may be a sign of a kidney cancer which can be accompanied with several other symptoms such as:
- Blood in the urine.
- Fatigue and low back pain on one side.
- Chronic weakness and loss of appetite.
4. Sudden weight loss
Sudden weight loss may occur when you have a stomach cancer. It’s pretty difficult to distinguish the early stages of this type of cancer. However, the symptoms that follow are quite widespread:
- Difficulty of food movement through your bowels.
- Poor appetite.
- A sense of fullness in the upper abdomen after eating a small meal.
- Disgust toward meat.
- Anemia and vomiting.
5. Persistent cough
A prolonged cough that doesn’t go away or gets worse is one of the symptoms of a lung cancer that may be associated with other signs such as:
- Chest pain.
- Loss of appetite.
- Shortness of breath.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Coughing blood.
6. Persistent sore throat
A long-lasting soreness of the throat may be a symptom of laryngeal cancer which is also associated with the following signs:
- Ear pain.
- Difficulty breathing and swallowing.
- A feeling of a lump in the throat appears with the growth of the neoplasm.
- Hoarseness of speech proceeding to loss of voice.
- Coughing up blood and bad breath.
7. Skin neoplasms
Neoplasms is an abnormal growth of tissue which, if it forms a mass is considered to be a sign of skin or breast cancer. Other symptoms include:
- Hard knots in the breast and/or armpits.
- Skin Irritation or rash which is not associated with a food or cosmetic allergy.
- The appearance of a wet ulcer in the center of a neoplasm.
- A birthmark growth or shape change.