15 Etiquette Rules That Everyone Should Know
Good manners are crucial to have proper and polite behavior, but many people believe that these rules are pointless. However, these rules are simple and they include proper speech and vocabulary as well as be more mindful when it comes to your actions.
These are the 15 rules:
1. When you’re walking with another person and the person greets someone else, you should also greet that person too, whether if you know them or not.
2. Don’t put your phone or tablet on the table because you’re indicating that you are bored with the person you’re meeting, and if you start checking your Facebook account or Messenger the person you’re sitting with may get offended.
3. Eat pizza with your hands. So as sushi, if you don’t know how to use chopsticks, get a cutlery set.
4. Don’t ask someone else if you’re planning the day for something else.
5. Always thank people when they help you out in something, this way you’ll show that you don’t take their help for granted.
6. Ladies, don’t let your man carry your purse, and gentlemen, you should pick the coat for your ladies while they’re in their cloakroom.
7. Answer your phone only when it’s important when you’re with someone else. Avoid empty and long conversations when you’re out with someone, it’s rude and you’re wasting the time of the one you’re out with.
8. Staring at people is extremely rude, also as laughing and talking too loud.
9. If you’re a driver be careful not to splash the pedestrians with water.
10. When you’re at the cinema, concert hall or theater, make sure to walk carefully when you go to your seat.
11. If you make a mistake, be sure to say an apology.
12. Polite men will show respect to all women, equally.
13. Nine things about yourself that you should keep a secret: age, religion, disgrace, honor, affairs, wealth, medical issues, gifts and family quarrels when it comes to first meeting.
14. Being the only one who follows a certain trend may make you look ridiculous if you don’t pull it out right. Practice till you make it perfect.
15. Always try to greet everyone when you’re in the same room with other people, regardless if it’s a party of your friend or go to the bar with friends of your friends that you don’t know.