24 Things You’ll Regret When You’re Old
1. Not learning another language
You’ll really regret not using your time wisely to learn another language.
2. Being scared to do things
You’ll hate the moments passed in your comfort zone.
3. Not travelling when you had the chance
Travelling becomes harder when you’re older, have a job, family etc. You’ll regret not taking those trips with your buddies.
4. Staying in a bad relationship
Everyone regrets not leaving that relationship sooner.
5. Letting yourself be defined by gender roles
This is sad.
6. Missing the chance to see your favorite musician perform live
You must hate yourself for missing that Nirvana concert right?
7. Not quitting a terrible job
Truth is you got to pay the bills, but don’t allow yourself to be stuck in a miserable job. Give something else a shot.
8. Not realizing how beautiful you are
Most people spend their youth unhappy with the way they look while it’s the period when we look the best.
9. Not trying harder in school
Grades don’t determine where you’ll end up in life, but you’ll regret not pushing yourself harder.
10. Forgetting sunscreen
Moles, wrinkles and even skin cancer can be avoided.
11. Not listening to your parents’ advices
You don’t want to hear them when you’re young but you’ll eventually learn that they were right for almost everything.
12. Being afraid to say “I love you”
You won’t care if your love wasn’t returned, you’ll feel sad that you didn’t say you loved that person.
13. Caring too much about what other people think
Everyone will have something to say. In 20 years you won’t care what people said.
14. Supporting others’ dreams before yours
Supporting others is great, but put yourself first.
15. Not moving on fast enough
That long period of time picking yourself off the ground is nothing but wasted time.
16. Not standing up for yourself
Older people don’t take sh*t from anyone.
17. Holding grudges, especially with those you love
Anger will not get you anywhere.
18. Talking with your grandparents before they die
Most people realize too late about how awesome their grandparents are. Use every opportunity to talk with your grandparents, ask them questions, pay them attention before they’re gone.
19. Working too much
Spend more time with your family and friends.
20. Not learning how to cook an awesome meal
Show people that you can be an awesome cook too!
21. Failing to finish what you started
You’ll always regret not finishing that nurse course…
22. Refusing to let friendships run their course
People sometimes go different ways. Holding on to something for what it was will only make you sad.
23. Never taking a big risk, especially for love
Knowing that you took that huge risk, even if you fell flat on your face, will be a good comfort when you’re old.
24. Not spending enough time with your loved ones
Our time on earth is finite. Spend it wisely, surrounded by your loved ones.
Can you think of some another thing that you’ll regret when you are old?