6 Ancient Indian Practices To Heal Back Pain And Sciatica
The mind and the body are connected, so it’s a common thing to happen when we feel emotional pain and later our body expresses pain too. Our muscles are part of us as much as our psyche is part of us, so the communication between the first and the second is crucial for our overall health. Our body expresses how we feel, so it’s up to us to decide whether we want to believe it or not, but taking care of us without any questions upon our believes is the best thing we can do for ourselves.
Sciatica and back pain can be acute or chronic, and they result from the complex network of nerves, muscles, joints, ligaments, or spinal discs. These cause discomfort and pain in the middle, upper, lower back and also they affect the knees, hips, ankles or feet.
The traditional Indian energy healers believe that these back pains come from energy imbalances with the adrenal glands. This affects blood flow and oxygenation and causes poor circulation which leads to complications such as accumulation of impurities, cold, and excess moisture within the tissues resulting in inflammation or contraction and pain.
We give you 6 Ancient Practices to heal your back pain and sciatica:
1. Acupressure Therapy
This therapy regulates and empowers the physical, mental and emotional energy.
How to do it:
- To stimulate your adrenal glands, massage your back area, either side of the spine below your rib cage
- To calm your nerves and decrease your pain, gently massage each of the webs between your fingers and toes
- To increase circulation and to release excess moisture, cold, and impurities from the tissues, massage the tips of your fingers and toes
- To empower your sciatic nerve, lower back and hips, massage your ankles, heels and Achilles tendons
- To empower the energy throughout the back, press the spine acupressure points located along the back, and start at the web between your index finger and thumb, continue over the back of your hand, and end at the back of your wrist
2. Mudra Therapy
It stimulates physical healing and encourages emotional balance.
How to do it:
- Place the tips of your right thumb and middle and the little fingers together
- Relax and extend your right index and ring fingers
- Place your left thumb joint on the nail of your left index finger
- Relax and extend your left middle, ring and little fingers
- Practice three times a day for 10 minutes
3. Natural Pain Remedies
Create a homemade balm for back pain.
How to do it:
- Melt 100 grams of organic ghee, slowly
- Add 1 tbsp of organic cayenne pepper
- Pour the warm mixture into a jar. Do not refrigerate
Apply to the affected areas of your back, buttocks, hips and legs to activate blood flow and assist in the removal of impurities, cold and excess moisture. Do not apply on irritated or broken skin and avoid eye contact.
The next remedy is made for detoxifying the tissues through perspiration, and it’s the best for relieving muscle pain, arthritic, and rheumatic joint pain.
How to do it:
- Simmer two tbsp of organic ginger root freshly grated in 1l. of water for 10 minutes
- Strain and add the ginger infused water to a hot bath
- Relax in the bath for 20 minutes
4. Natural Healing Remedies
Remedies to relieve a pain of trapped sciatic nerve or lower back pain.
How to do it:
- Lie on the floor on your stomach with your arms close to the sides
- Remain still and ask a partner to help you with holding the left ankle and very gently raise your lower leg until your heel touches your buttocks
- Hold the position for 5 seconds and ensure your upper leg remains connected to the floor
- Repeat with your right leg and do this 2 times
- Then hold the both ankles and raise them together while your both heels touch your buttocks while the upper leg remains firmly on the floor
- Hold this position for 5 second, and do not force the movements
5. Crystal Therapy
The Earth’s natural stones also assist with their healing energies and there are certain that help with relieving back pain and sciatica. They prove with emotional and physical energy.
How to use them:
- Smoky quartz is a grounding stone that provides with cleaning energies, both physical and emotional and helps with back pain
- Malachite is a strengthening stone that stimulates the body with relieving muscle tension
- Copper is a balancing stone that regulates the flow of the energy throughout the chakras when relieving heat and inflammation
- Blue Lace Agate is a cooling stone that calms emotional stress and helps with chronic inflammatory pain
- Hematite is a stabilizing stone that increases blood flow to the spine and legs when healing the sciatic nerve
6. Raw Juice Therapy
You can make raw juice therapy to help your body relieve severe pain, and it’s recommended to drink 8-12 glasses of cold juice for three days.
What are they good for:
- Cherry juice is good for calming inflammation and it purifies the blood
- Green leafy vegetable juice is good for detox and nourishing the adrenal glands
- Beetroot juice is good for cleaning the kidneys and reduces the accumulation of excess water and impurities
- Gooseberry juice is good for being rich in nutrients that rejuvenate the endocrine glands and initiate the body’s healing capacity
- Pineapple juice is good for detoxifying the muscles, joints and ligaments, it also reduces inflammation and repairs damaged tissues
You can add ginger and turmeric root to each juice to make it tastier and for their healing properties. They also help the metabolism and reduces inflammatory in your body.
-Heal your back pain and sciatica with the best walking shoes for women and men, check more at: bestreviewsguides